The Future Is: Looped Communities
Our communities are evolving right before our eyes. The “care team” around us is becoming even more connected. Soon doctors, professors, scientists, consultants and technologists will begin to work more cohesively. They may even greet us in our homes as holograms on command. This level of interconnection will optimize all things neurological and emotional. The impact educationally and financially will be felt by reduced healthcare costs while increasing biological awareness.
This week, we dive into Looped Communities and how they’re shaping a vision of hope ahead.
NOW: CARS THAT FEEL EMOTION
What’s Fresh: How tired or stressed we are, can significantly impact car safety. Automotive manufacturers are now exploring the potential for cars to tune into their driver’s emotions. Ford has a self-driving car in the works which knows how we feel. Volvo is currently exploring the impact of sound on humans within Autonomous Vehicles. SIIC, or Sound Interaction in Intelligent Cars focuses on how audio can be used, both to build trust in the system and to help avoid motion sickness while you ride.
How it Changes the Game: Right now, our cars can read us, understand us and alert us if we fall asleep at the wheel based on biometrics and emotional recognition. The next phase is helping to heal us by optimizing our health and moods.
3 Action Steps for Brands:
- Market towards preventative care.
- Think of your automotive brand as a wellness brand.
- Take your company’s devices beyond tracking human behavior to healing humans.
NOW: VIRTUAL BATHHOUSES
What’s Fresh: Communities have long gathered near water as a ritual to pray and find peace. Jasmine Burnett founded a virtual community “Bathhouse”, amid the pandemic, for BIPOC individuals and started a revolution. People enter via Zoom into a space where there is music and a sense of connection.
How it Changes the Game: We no longer have to attend physical healing spaces to feel safe or well in the body or mind.
3 Action Steps for Brands:
- Address the dramatically shifting social climate and how our communities are transforming.
- Create open virtual spaces that feel inclusive to all.
- Explain how your technologies address both physical health and societal needs.
NEXT: CARE CITIES
What’s Emerging: Singapore’s Tengah is the Care City of the future. It has been built with giant solar-powered air-conditioners, subterranean roads for electric vehicles, vacuum garbage collection, urban farms and green architecture. All of this lays the groundwork for lowering its carbon footprint and creating greater sustainability in water, waste and energy.
How it creates the future: Care Cities go beyond “Smart City.” The developments increase societal participation, greater awareness, and cleaner, happier and healthier communities. This presents a more integrated and holistic approach to civility.
3 Things to Prepare for:
- Global Care City technology market is said to reach $1.7 trillion by 2028 .
- Greater acceptance of strong policy drivers behind technologies addressing ethical well-being.
- More partnerships across innovative companies, governments, stakeholders, and communities collectively.
The Future of Health and Happiness Report
Download our annual guide to how health and wellbeing are transforming culture and business.