The Future Is: Care-Equality
Equality of care has been a constant movement throughout human history. We all want to feel safe, secure and in greater health. Now more than ever we are coming together as a society rooted in wholeness to support ALL rights to care. Serving the underserved should be at the forefront of everyone’s mind.
The question becomes, how do we genuinely serve everyone with the same amount of tech advancement in health and mental care? Expect to see the rise of new “micro-points of care” within healthcare and accessibility. In the U.S. alone we are seeing an 18% rise in medical school applications. The youth want to make an impact and they want to support a healthier world for the future.
NOW: FIT FOR GOOD
What’s Fresh: The Charity Miles app allows you to donate to local charities with every mile you move, be it running, walking, swimming, or biking.
How it Changes the Game: A group of like-minded health conscious individuals can establish deep change in communities. A positively reinforced group promoting healthy living alongside fundraising for a meaningful cause is raising the bar.
3 Action Steps for Brands:
- Partner with sponsors at Fit For Good to better tie your health & happiness rituals to positive community outcomes.
- Inspire your employees to move their bodies and be of service.
- Create advertising campaigns that drive more miles of movement.
What’s Fresh: SecureRx allows facilities and home practices to print CMS-compliant prescriptions directly on plain paper across your entire network on any printer. SecureRx also complements your existing e-prescribe initiatives, securing the prescriptions that still need to be printed.
How it Changes the Game: This allows patients to print prescriptions at home.
3 Action Steps for Brands:
- Provide end-to-end telehealth for patients in their homes vs. practitioner offices.
- If you produce prescriptions, reduce your waste and costs by using SecureRx.
- Create a blog letting your patients and colleagues know about innovations simplifying health needs.
NEXT: THE RISE OF BIOELECTRIC MEDICATION
What’s Emerging: Clinical trials are already underway investigating how harnessing the body’s peripheral wiring might actually influence how we treat chronic diseases. The intention here is to adjust how our neurons fire, if needed. By changing the concentrations of neurotransmitters traveling through us, it could restore a healthier balance to electrical impulses.
How it creates the future: Dysfunctional neural circuits are what can give rise to dysfunctional organs. By tracing to a root cause, our future of health looks a lot more preventative. Our brains will become the key to unlocking preventative health in the future.
3 Things to Prepare for:
- Modulating our body’s neural networking may become a mainstream therapy.
- This technology is supporting treatment for asthma, Alzheimer’s, depression, diabetes, digestive disorders, cardiovascular diseases, septic shock, and overall cognitive clarity.
- Stronger advancements in our gut-brain connection.
HAPPENINGS ON HUMBOLDT
Around the office, we’ve been admiring some eco-friendly brands. We like to see those implementing dedicated zero waste planners. And why is sustainable packaging important? Of the 78MM tons of plastic packaging produced globally, only 14% is recycled. Part of what equality represents is also supporting a cleaner environment for all. We have a long way to go, but each of us taking small steps in this direction shapes our future.
The Future of Health and Happiness Report
Download our annual guide to how health and wellbeing are transforming culture and business.